Hi,

Can anyone take a look at this....  i've been banging my head on the
wall for several days trying to figure this out.  I can't figure out why
the validation is bypassed.  The only clue I have is it seems its not
evaluating :question_type == "standard"  to true.

Model:
validates :question_type,     :presence  => true
    if :question_type == "standard"
      validates :question,        :presence   => true

Controller:
def create
    @question = Question.new(params[:question])
  if @question.save
          if params[:question_type] == "standard"
            flash[:success] = "Question created!"
            redirect_to @question
          else

new.html.erb:
<%= f.submit 'Save', question_type: "standard" ...