On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM, tamouse mailing lists
<tamouse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Paulo Ribeiro <plribeiro3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Em terça-feira, 26 de março de 2013 01h49min23s UTC-3, tamouse escreveu:

>>> If that's the case, maybe you just want to work with the appropriate
>>> data base gem/driver directly? (mysql2, sqlite3, postgres, etc)
>>

>> Well, its an option. But i would like the code readbility of the
>> active_record methods and some good funcionalities like the finders. Im
>> still using rails on my projects, i just want to make sure that if somebody
>> that is working on this project too, doesnt use callbacks and stuffs. I want
>> the models only to access the database.
>
> If you don't use the callback and stuffs, do they actually get loaded?
> I thought ActiveRecord only loaded the stuff that is getting used...

Also,  hmm, wondering where you are on this project to actually see
that there is a practical need to worry about this at this point. Have
you seen performance benchmarks on your app already that show this is
now a problem? What I've found is that the stuff you seem to like, the
ORMish stuff and finders, actually ends up causing some serious
performance bottlenecks if you don't think about how you gather data
in your application, and can generate some horrendous looking SQL.