Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the will_paginate gem, i have
recently added AJAX and JS to refresh the div with paginate without
refreshing the page.
I followed online examples and successfully got it working, however the
"previous" button and the first page are not shown as links, and can not
be clicked.
All other pages are in working order, and refreshes fine except the
first.

Controller:

def index
@tickets = Ticket.where('archived = ?', "False").where('closed = ?',
"False").order(sort_column + " " + sort_direction).paginate(:page =>
params[:page] || 1, :per_page => 12)

respond_to do |format|
         format.html # index.html.erb
         format.json { render json: @tickets }
        format.js

  <%= render :partial => 'customerList' %>

<%= will_paginate @tickets, :previous_label => "&larr; Previous",
:next_label => "Next &rarr;"  %>

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $('.paginate a').attr('data-remote', 'true');
});</script>

Index.js.erb:

$('#list').html('<%=escape_javascript render :partial => "customerList"
%>');
$('.paginate a').attr('data-remote', 'true');

If anyone could shine some light on why this issue is occuring, I'd
really appreciate it.
Thanks!