On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Denny Mueller <macda...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> This is my setup. I have a table user where all user with password and so on
> are set. The customer table has some customer related data. The user_id is
> the foreign key to relate the customers to the user.
>
> On of the column in the customer table is the customernumber. These numbers
> has to be uniq for each user_id.

Is this a legacy database you're trying to use with Rails? It doesn't
appear to follow Rails conventions.

In this example, is "customer" a unique auto-generated identifier? If
so, why do you need "customernumber" to also be unique? If not,
what is it?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder