On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM, honey ruby <emailtohoneyr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi I am saving password with hashed_password and salt in table. Now I need
> to send those passwords via SMS can it be possible.Kindly give me some
> suggestion plz .

This line, in the English language, can be understood as "Now I need those
passwords" meaning the passwords before hashing, since you don't
differentiate between the first mention of passwords and the
hashed_password result. As a native English speaker, I'm letting you know
that this is ambiguous and is what lead me to my understanding.

Now to answer all permutations of what you may have meant but don't seem
interested in explaining further.

If the password you mention is the hashed password, that won't do the user
any good. If you accept the hashed password when authenticating, then your
system is horribly broken. Completely.
If the password you mention is the password before it was hashed, then
you're also what is called a plaintext offender. You shouldn't do this
either.

If your intent, regardless of your question, is the ability to send the
user some kind of token that they can use to recover their account, then
that also has some issues you should be aware of.
Security and privacy in this regard is highly important. I wouldn't trust
SMS to be 'secure' in any way. It's not private. Thusly my suggestion of a
one time pass token may work for you. You might need to employ some
creativity to arrive at a more secure implementation.

If you don't wish to address our questions, perhaps you can provide a few
questions that will help us help you.

~Spaceghost