The existing app is RedMine, I'd like a way to use their API to access
certain things to generate the new reports.
Bunch of departments use the app, the reports only apply to an specific
department, and the administrator of the app doesn't let me "touch"
anything related to database or code regarding the app and suggested the
only way to do it it's with ETL.

In worst case scenario, I'd create a new Rails App to interact with the API
and generate the reports from there, but if there's a way I could avoid
programming when there's an "easier" way to do it, I'll take that.