On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM, R Vince <rvinc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> user@Mint15-32 ~/ggrip/ggripv2 $ rvm current
> ruby-1.8.6-p420
>
> which is correct. The /home/user/.rvm/bin in the PATH is correct, yes? What
> else are you saying should be in the PATH? THanks.

When you install gems that include a command-line component, e.g.
rails, the executables need to live somewhere in your path. Here's an
example from one of my rvm gemsets:

/Users/hassan/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@rails4/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/bin:

You clearly don't have `rails` in your path, even though you installed
the gem. So you need to fix this before proceeding. Personally, I'd
create a gemset specifically for this app and add a .rvmrc to the dir
where it lives.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder