Sublime Text is quite impressive, but I could not switch to it after having
used emacs for a while. I'm aware emacs is rather difficult to grasp, at
least at the beginning, but it's so customizable and great for productivity
I sincerely doubt I'll ever use anything else for any programming language.

However, emacs does not come with rails-specific plugins and it requires
some tweaking before it can be used as a complete development environment.
If you are feeling adventurous, however, by all means check this splendid
post about configuring emacs for rails: http://t.co/VJaNEXXGh0