arca0 wrote in post #1133269:
> Sublime Text is quite impressive, but I could not switch to it after
> having
> used emacs for a while. I'm aware emacs is rather difficult to grasp, at
> least at the beginning, but it's so customizable and great for
> productivity
> I sincerely doubt I'll ever use anything else for any programming
> language.
>
> However, emacs does not come with rails-specific plugins and it requires
> some tweaking before it can be used as a complete development
> environment.
> If you are feeling adventurous, however, by all means check this
> splendid
> post about configuring emacs for rails: http://t.co/VJaNEXXGh0

Sublime Text is impressive coding editor. I use it for PHP development.
But for Ruby on Rails I don't think it is a good choice. Instead, I use
RubyMine (of course, it's not free):
http://petadl.com/download-rubymine-mac-best-ide-for-ruby-on-rails-development-v6-0-3.html

A good free replacement for RubyMine I found Netbeans with JRuby. You
should give it a try!