Thanks Matt for your reply! Unfortunately, I don't see any log file in
suggested locations the blog referred to:

/var/log/cron, /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog

There is no tail trace my development log file generates.

I am using RVM and bundler for gems. I found similar issue for Rails 4 here
but it is unanswered:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23387065/crontab-in-rails-4-not-executing-correctly/23958204#23958204

I think *whenever* is a heavily used rails gem and other developers on this
forum who have used this gem can help debugging this problem as well. I
hope I followed all the steps for integration.

Thanks.
--
Regards,
Ankur