mike2r wrote in post #1148859:
> I do think that ajax is a good recommendation.  Selecting, creating, or
> changing a dictionary could be accessed from any page making it much
> more
> user friendly and a success growl is fine, but again, you should be
> prepared to handle the case where a user tries to create a dictionary
> that
> already exists (which could be a simple error message instead of a
> success
> growl).

Thank you for your elaborate answer. After having read all the
recommendations, I think I will proceed in the following way:

- I will clearly separate "login" from "Dict maintenance", since the
possible benefits I hoped from my original design, are small compared to
the trouble it will cause in other places.

- Since I have no experience with Ajax, and are even a newbie when it
comes to Rails, I will first make the application as simple and
straightforward as possible, not using the benefits of Ajax, even if it
means that the page might be less user friendly, and after I mastered
Rails fully, I will learn Ajax and do a redesign.