Gotcha. Is the file actually opened when the controller is entered? (That's
an honest question I'm interested in how that works coming as an upload
from a form) The way you've described, that I failed to understand the
first time, to me seems like the best way but I'd be interested to see what
others have to say.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.