On 24 August 2014 17:08,  <and...@benjamin.dk> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am about to develop my first mobile app with the same function of a
> website I have developed in rails. So I have a few questions:
>
> 1. My plan is to create an API to the website and build the app using that
> API to my website. In your experience is that a good solution?

Yes, but you should not need a separate API, you can use the same
routes but with .json to return a json value for the app.

> 2. Whats the best option, use a cross-platform framework like
> http://rhomobile.com/ ? something like rubymotion for iOS and try to find
> another framework for android? or actually just do it on the given SDK?

Don't know about cross platform support, I have only done android, using the SDK

> 3. Should I not even worry about developing a website and go straight ahead
> with the app leaving the API idea behind?

I thought you said you already have developed the website so I don't
understand the question.

> 4. Any other suggestions?

There is an alternative that may be a quick route to getting something
working, which is to embed the website in an app.  It will not give as
good a user experience as an fully fledged app of course.

Colin