On Sep 2, 2014, at 10:55 PM, M,Gopi M.gopinath <gopi170...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for your reply, here is link which says run time dependencies
> google-tag-manager needs rails >=3.0.0.
>
> https://github.com/rcs/google-tag-manager-rails/blob/master/google-tag-manager-rails.gemspec
>
> https://rubygems.org/gems/google-tag-manager-rails
>
> website have been build 8 yrs back, Now I am maintaining this, they did't
> upgrade this current version or atleast rails 3.0.0.

Right. What you have is an "eroded" Rails install and probably upgrading to 3
(note you will probably want to upgrade to 3.2.19) is likely a good idea in the
long run.

> One more question,
>
> Whether is there any possibilities to implement google-tag-manager without
> gem. in ruby 1.8.6 and rails 2.3.5

Of course, but you'll have to implement it yourself. I doubt if anyone will be
re-writing that gem for that version Ruby any time soon.