Hi guys,

We made a SAAS platform for community management. We have been requested to
give customized experience for each community and eventually end community
managers would like to modify the views / element locations / css / js .
With a lot of research , we have decided to go with
Shopify#liquidmarkup http://liquidmarkup.org/. What would be the ideal way
to store these templates and where ?

Here is our current architecture

*MAINAPP > Communities > Users*

And hence communities would have their own rails "layouts" / "partials" /
"liquidtemplates" . We are planning to store their layouts in the file
system currently this way

*Rails.root > templates > community_uuid* *>
community_specific_template_files *

But as our communities scale up, we would have to too many "templates"
folders piled up. Even though they are ignored in MAINAPP git repo, on the
app server with multiple unicorn nodes, these templates must be available
for any unicorn server at any given point of time. This would exponentially
increase the Filesystem Space consumed as our community base increases on
our App servers.

We have 3 options currently

1. Store them on File system and deploy / update templates on all
application servers  - IO operation
2. Store templates in database and cache those template queries
3. Store templates in REDIS as a HASH structure and retrieve accordingly .

Would love to know your thoughts ?

Thanks
Vivek Sampara