On 3 June 2015 at 23:11, Elizabeth McGurty <emcgur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have build an application.  My shared web server is with DreamHost.   The
> permitted Rails version is 3.0.3, and permitted Ruby version is 1.8.7.

I know you said you did not want me to try to help you, but this
apparently tells you how to install a later version of Rails (and
Ruby, since 1.8.7 is also out of support) on Dreamhost.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/RVM

I cannot personally see any reason to start a new application with
anything other than the latest current version of Rails.  I believe
even 3.2.x will go out of support very shortly, though I cannot
immediately find the announcement where I believe I saw that.

Colin