If I have a choice I always use postgres.

Mysql w it's default settings (among other things ) mishandles not null
directives
https://youtu.be/emgJtr9tIME
(Sorry if youtube links aren't proper form)
As well and this is just my opinion but having another database engine (innodb)
do your transactions is bad or at least wierd. In my experience the vast
majority of corruption is in the innodb tables