On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:38 AM, George Mendoza <gsmend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our team lead and I recently discussed the pros and cons of breaking up a
> long source file into multiple source files. I tend to prefer one class per
> file, because I find the individual files easier to read and easier to find
> (with ctrl-p in Sublime).

on my case, my reason is simple.  i edit a single responsibility. easy
for my brain and easy for my tests.

> On the other hand, our team lead doesn't have
> issues with long source files. He argues that they are quite common in
> open-source projects. As an example, he pointed to the
> ActionDispatch::Routing::Mapper class in Rails as a case of a long file with
> multiple inline classes.

i dont buy that argument (it has no argument really); the rails source
is not a god  : )

choose what you think is easy for you, why you think it's easy, then
justify, demonstrate it to the group.

kind regards
--botp