On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Me <chabg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a table of data that I update with a file.  I would like to
> delete all data that does not get updated.

We've done stuff like this before. One pattern that we used was:

1) At the beginning of the import process, we'd set a unique value
(like a timestamp/date)
2) We'd update an attribute in the table for all records with that value:

example: last_import = 20081231

3) then run your import/update process..
4) then delete any records that last_import != 20081231

voila!

Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457