On 04/11/2015 15:53, Scott wrote:
Please ignore the snarky comment at the end of the last comment and the stuff
about just or putting in the public directory. I re-read your comment on
Middleman and got a better feeling for what you are trying to do.

The snark was me being out of my mind.

Back on topic how dynamic is the erb you have?  Are there models to go through?
 Are the links hard coded or generated from link_to statements? Maybe some
sample pages would be helpful to offer suggestions.

It's just basic headers and footers really with <title> dynamic. I'm moving a Perl CGI::Application app to Rails. Most of the files are static and were generated with Perl Template::Toolkit. The company is looking to do bigger things so I thought I'd port everything to Rails in preparation. Rails will just handle the forms for now. Didn't like the way Middleman seems to require a duplicate copy of all the assets.

gvim