Hi @Aishwarye Omer,
The last week I was trying to fix a couple of bugs in active_record. I
found them in issues list of the rails framework. There were not easy
ones and I still have not fix any of them.

I suppose that there is no easy way. Getting done more projects will not
help you to understand rails on the level you need to contribute unless
projects are alive and you are supporting them, so you have enough of
interesting issues with the project to dig in to the rails guts.

The only solution I see is to start working on issues in rails. In order
to understand the framework you have to be familiar with it. As you
start fixing issues you will get better understanding on how rails is
implemented and how easy/hard it is.

Personally, I consider rails to be a heavy built framework which is hard
to support. I may be wrong.