Hi Aishwarye,

Rails is a beast. It's a pretty big project. As a consequence you have to
know how it works pretty well.

To contribute to Rails i would recommend you to go through some Rails
source code tutorials to get familiar with it. The I would highly recommend
you to rebuild Rails from Scratch <https://rebuilding-rails.com/>. Chris
Oliver from GoRails <https://gorails.com/> said that he will maybe also
make some video tutorials about how to rebuild Rails. (Rack, Controllers,
Models and so on...)

I hope this helps!

Happy coding :)

Tobias