Colin Law wrote in post #1182068:
> On 9 March 2016 at 16:43, John Sanderbeck <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Firstly please quote the previous message when you reply, this is a
> mailing list not a forum (though you may be accessing it via a forum
> like interface) so if you do not quote the previous message we have to
> look back through previous messages to get the context.  Thanks.

Sorry...  I assumed that since the site was called ruby-forums that this
was a forum...  :-)

> I don't know about you but I find that watching tutorials is nowhere
> near as good as working right through it oneself, doing the exercises,
> finding out how to interpret errors when one makes copying errors and
> so on, so I still suggest taking a few days out to work right through
> railstutorial.org.

I will do that...

> However, looking at your problem, I am not sure exactly what it is
> that you cannot do.  You said:
>> So the form should show All Organization names with the count from the
>> Attendee Table
>
> What exactly is it that you do not know how to do?  Is it accessing
> the organisation names, determining the count of attendees, iterating
> the names, displaying that information on the page or what?  Also I
> don't understand what simple form has got to do with just displaying
> the data you describe.  Forms are for inputting data, not just
> displaying it.

I want to list every organization in a list (whether or not they have a
count) with a text entry box that is the attendance_count for that
organization. When I write I will just ignore the organizations that
have a count of zero. The attendance_count is in the Attendees table so
I can have a many_to_many relationship. I find all kinds of references
for radio buttons and check boxes with check_box_tag and
collection_check_box, but nothing for a number field. I assumed this was
a SImple Form syntax issue and not just a Ruby/Rails syntax issue.

As in

Training Name: [                   ]
Training Date: [                        ]

Attendance: