Hi,

after few weeks of inactivity I ran today on my master branch the command
'git status', and I got this:

krfg@SATELLITE-L50-A-161:~/workspace/example_app (master)*$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

    deleted:    bin/bundle
    deleted:    bin/rails
    deleted:    bin/rake
    deleted:    bin/setup
    deleted:    bin/spring

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

I am wondering why bin/bundle, bin/rails, bin/rake, bin/setup and
bin/spring result deleted and what does it mean.
I tried to run 'bundle exec rake db:migrate:status' and 'rails -v' to check
if bundle and rails would respond and it seems all right.
So what do all these changes not staged for commit mean? Moreover, they
refer to a path (bin) which is outside my working tree, so why in the first
place git would trace changes to this path?

I am on a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine. The only explanation I can guess is
that the bin directory might have hosted symbolic links to bundle, rails,
rake, setup and spring, and that a system upgrade might have deleted them.