On 8 August 2016 at 15:52, 'krfg' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
<rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 4:01:16 PM UTC+2, Colin Law wrote:
>>

>> The are (or were) in your tree.  The rails root dir contains a bin
>> directory with those files in it. Somehow they have been deleted.  I
>> suggest you do
>> git checkout .
>> (note the dot on the end) which will restore them from the repository.
>> Don't know whether that will fix the problem with rails server etc.
>>
>> Colin
>

> Restored them with 'git checkout .' as you suggested.
> rails server and rails console were also restored.
> I have no whatsoever idea why and how they were deleted, and this is not
> good.

Have a look in the Rubbish Bin to see if they are there. If they are
then almost certainly you accidentally deleted them at some point.
Another possibility, and something I have done myself, is accidentally
drag the directory off somewhere else from the File Explorer.  You
could try a search of the whole machine for those files and see if
they have accidentally been moved somewhere else.  It is of course to
recover from exactly this sort of situation that we use something like
git :)

Colin