I upgraded a copy of my rails 4.2.2 application to rails 5.0.0.1, following
instructions at railsapp <https://railsapps.github.io/updating-rails.html>
and at edgeguides.rubyonrails.org
<http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/upgrading_ruby_on_rails.html>
Most of my work consisted in consulting railsdiff.org
<http://railsdiff.org/4.2.2/5.0.0.1>, thus copying and pasting new code to
my application.

After completing all the necessary revisions and running tests, I was
warned about some issues.
Line 6 of app/assets/javascripts/cable.js (copied from railsdiff.org)
raises an error (channels should be a directory).

According to Rails 4.2.2 - 5.0.0.1 diff the only channels directory is in
app

So line 6, instead of

//= require_tree ./channels

I can only suppose should be

//= require_tree ../../channels

However I am not sure about this.

I wondering if anyone of you knows about what channels directory line 6 of
cable.js is referring to.

Also, according to Cloud9 editor, ActionCable in
app/assets/javascripts/cable.js results not defined: ActionCable is not
defined; please fix or add /*global ActionCable*/

Did railsdiff.org/4.2.2/5.0.0.1 miss anything, like a channels directory in
app/assets/javascripts or the definition somewhere of an ActionCable class?