On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 4:24 AM, 'krfg' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
<rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I upgraded a copy of my rails 4.2.2 application to rails 5.0.0.1, following
> instructions at railsapp and at edgeguides.rubyonrails.org
> Most of my work consisted in consulting railsdiff.org, thus copying and
> pasting new code to my application.
>
> After completing all the necessary revisions and running tests, I was warned
> about some issues.
> Line 6 of app/assets/javascripts/cable.js (copied from railsdiff.org) raises
> an error (channels should be a directory).
>
> According to Rails 4.2.2 - 5.0.0.1 diff the only channels directory is in
> app
>

> So line 6, instead of
>
> //= require_tree ./channels
>

> I can only suppose should be
>
> //= require_tree ../../channels

No.

If you generate a new Rails 5 app you'll see the directory in question
at app/assets/javascripts/channels.

Aside, I highly recommend `generate a new app` as an approach to
learning what's changed in any major update.

Generate it with the defaults, check in to git, check out a branch and
scaffold a channel or whatever - your git history now shows you what
got added/changed/deleted. And you have an example to compare
your upgraded app against.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com