People,

I have successfully worked my way through this exercise:

  https://www.sitepoint.com/save-multiple-checkbox-values-database-rails

(but changing "professors" to "tippers" and "expertises" to "tips" - for a football tipping app).

Then the only change I made was to: app/views/tippers/_form.html.erb

from:

  <%= f.label "Tip" %><br />
  <%= f.collection_check_boxes :tip_ids, Tip.all, :id, :teams do |b| %>
      <%= b.check_box %>
      <%= b.label %>
  <% end %>

to:

    <%= f.label "Tip" %><br />
<%= f.collection_radio_buttons( :tip_ids, Tip.all, :id, :teams ) do |b| %>
        <%= b.label + b.radio_button %>
    <% end %>

which actually works in the view but unlike the Checkbox version the data is not saved in the tippers_tips table.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Phil.
--