Hi all,

I've hit something migrating from rails 2.0.2 to 2.2.2 and I'm wondering if
it's a bug or if there's something I'm not aware of coming into play.  I've
abstracted the problem a little bit but it still reproduces with the
abstracted example.

I've got a model called multi_save.

class CreateMultiSaves < ActiveRecord::Migration
>   def self.up
>     create_table :multi_saves do |t|
>         t.integer :id_dependant
>         t.string :name
>         t.string :name_dependant
>       t.timestamps
>     end
>   end
>
>   def self.down
>     drop_table :multi_saves
>   end
> end

class MultiSave < ActiveRecord::Base
>     def id=(value)
>         write_attribute :id, value
>         write_attribute :id_dependant, value*5
>     end
>
>     def name=(value)
>         write_attribute :name, value
>         write_attribute :name_dependant, value + " rocks"
>     end
> end

I've got a controller looking like:

class MultiSaveController < ApplicationController
>     def create
>         @object = MultiSave.new
>     end
>
>     def new
>         @multi_save = MultiSave.new(params[:multi_save])
>
>         @multi_save.save! # saves properly
>         @multi_save.save! # doesn't do anything
>     end3
> end

With this code in rails 2.0.2 the second call to save! sends an update
statement to the database.  In 2.2.2 the second call to save! issues no call
to the database.  After the first call to save the id_dependant fields gets
properly as I would expect in both 2.0.2 and 2.2.2.

--
-Mike