I think it's really better if you can switch to Linux. There are many
tools that only work on Linux (like the God monitoring tool and
Capistrano), many Gems require "building" tools, like "nmake" and the
Virtual Studio C++ compiler and it will be harder for you to find
"fixes" for your problems (I had a problem running RSpec that I solved
only by moving to linux, no one knew what was happening), as most of
the community runs on Linux or some kind of Unix like OS.

Today i'm full linux (having used Ubuntu and now with OpenSUSE) and I
still run Windows using VirtualBox for IE7 debugging and it's quite
nice, I definitely don't regret what I did.

-
Maurício Linhares
http://alinhavado.wordpress.com/ (pt-br) | http://blog.codevader.com/ (en)