Hi Ruud

Hmm  - I've never used observe_field to call a js function, usually
just for rails-ajax calls.

If I were calling a js function like so,  I'd normally just
add :onclick => 'date_clicked(true)' to the radio buttons.

There should be a way to call the js function using observe_field
though so let's try and find it?

Why not try simplifying the function call first, with something
like :function => "alert('this works')" just to check if this is where
the problem is?

what do you have in the date_clicked() function now?