On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Conrad Taylor <conra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Matt Jones <al2o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd argue that since this is essentially just a Ruby 1.9 compatibility
>> thing, that it shouldn't really need testing. Especially if you adopt
>> the approach used earlier in the same file.
>>

> If and only if, the test already exists.
>
> -Conrad

I jump the gun on the send button.  Anyway, I feel that all enhancements and
bug
fixes should have an associated test that validates the fix or enhancement
with
even in the case where it happens to be Ruby 1.9 compatibility.  Why?  If
you fix
something and/or add a feature without a test, one wouldn't be able to
verify that it
works from release to release.  Furthermore, I would rather catch a
development
error in development rather than production.

Just my 2 cents,

-Conrad