I reckon as long as you have a SMTP server running on your local machine
at port 25 you should be good to go.

tashfeen.ekram wrote:
> if i dont own a domain and am just interested in sending emails from
> dev environment on my laptop would the config look like this:
>
> config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true
>    config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
>
>    config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {
>      :address => "localhost",
>      :port => 25
>    }
>
> On Apr 5, 6:00 pm, Schalk Neethling <volume4.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Setting that has always worked for me without fail is:
>>
>> config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true
>>    config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
>>
>>    config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {
>>      :address => "mail.yourdomain.com",
>>      :port => 25,
>>      :domain => "yourdomain.com"
>>    }
>>
>> HTH,
>> Schalk
>>
>> tashfeen.ekram wrote:
>>> sorry message got truncated.
>>> i have looked around but find no solutions...
>>

>>  volume4_schalk.vcf
>> < 1KViewDownload

begin:vcard
fn:Schalk Neethling
n:Neethling;Schalk
org:Overt Strategy Consulting
adr:Florauna;;Berg ave 642;Pretoria;Gauteng;0182;South Africa
email;internet:sch...@overtstrategyconsulting.com
title:President
tel;work:+27125468436
x-mozilla-html:FALSE