> Julian Leviston wrote:
>> Twitter has more than this, therefore its possible.
>
> That's a horrible example.  Twitter is notorious for poor performance
> and frequent outages.
>
> However, GitHub and Lighthouse are good examples of high-traffic Rails
> apps with good performance.  So is Backpack, I think.  So it certainly
> is possible.

cardplayer.com and spadeclub.com also run Rails.  There's a ton of
stuff going on much of which isn't cacheable (at least for
cardplayer.com).  3 years ago cardplayer did about 8 mil views a day
for a couple of weeks (during the WSOP).  There's some hardware behind
it, but we'd have done that with any other platform as well.

also, doesn't penny-arcade run rails?  they do a ton of traffic.

-philip