On Apr 20, 6:13 pm, Jonathan Rochkind <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
s.net> wrote:
> Frederick Cheung wrote:
> > The details have changed between rails 2.2 and 2.3, in 2.2 it was the
> > old cgi interface, in 2.3 it's the new rack interface - you'll need to
> > instantiate the appropriate subclass of ActionController::SessionStore
>
> This helps, thanks. Trying to look through the source and googling, I
> did discover that this changed very much between 2.2 and 2.3, I might
> need to write two versions of my code.
>
> But since there is an abstract model for a session store, it must be
> possible for me to access the session store and read and write session
> info without knowing about the black box internals.
>
> Once I've gotten the appropriate ActionController::SessionStore... what
> the heck do I do with it in order to read or write session data?
>
> Unless the specs for how to write a session store have changed in 2.3,
> it may be my code doesn't need to be different for 2.3. But if it does,
> I can deal with that too.

They did - had to rewrite a lot of that bit of my session store for
2.3

In 2.3 Session stores have to implement a get_session method. The
first argument is just the environment hash that rack gives you -
you'll probably have to fiddle around a bit to workout how much you
have to fake up (maybe nothing at all)

Fred