Gregory Brown and Ruport ( and now Prawn ) are very cool. Be patient
and examine their landscape and you'll find a complete solution.
The weird thing about the Ruby on Rails landscape is that most
developers are working on websites where printing is only a print.css
approach. For those few building business model applications you must
part from the pack.
David