Folks,

I am a little lost on a Routing error in accessing my javascripts and
stylesheets files on production and hopefully someone can help me.

Part of what is confusing me is that the same code that works fine on my
XP dev box is giving this Routing error when I put it up on the hosting
site in production environment. The only difference being the
environment itself (prod vs. dev) and that the javascripts and
stylesheets directories are symbolic links on production instead of
actual directories as on my local dev box.

For files like "/javascripts/path/to/my.js" and "/stylesheets/myapp.css"
I get error message like

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches
"/stylesheets/myapp.css" with {:method=>:get}):
/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/routing/recognition_optimisation.rb:66:in
`recognize_path'

I have looked at the routes.rb (included below) long enough but can't
see what is causing this Routing error.

I also started up a script_console and after loading up
ActionController::Routing::Routes in a variable the recognize_path for
"stylesheets/myapp.css" fails with the same error but it brings up the
page fine on that dev box without any errors - which is a little
confusing as well.

Here is what I have in my routes.rb

  map.resources :users, :collection => { :resetpwd => :get, :getnewpwd
=> :get, :getpwdresetcode => :post }

  map.resource :session, :controller => 'session', :collection => {
:welcome_home => :get}

  map.root :controller => 'session', :action => 'new'
  map.activate '/activate/:activation_code', :controller => 'users',
:action => 'activate', :activation_code => nil
  map.resetpwd '/resetpwd/:resetpwd_code', :controller => 'users',
:action => 'resetpwd', :resetpwd_code => nil
  map.signup '/signup', :controller => 'users', :action => 'new'
  map.login '/login', :controller => 'session', :action => 'new'
  map.logout '/logout', :controller => 'session', :action => 'destroy'

  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'

Sounds like I am missing something simple.

Appreciate any thoughts/pointers.

Thanks,
-S