y, i´ve already updated the item model with Callbacks, the controller
code was becoming ugly

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Dirty.html seems to do
the job

http://railscasts.com/episodes/109-tracking-attribute-changes seems
also a good explanation, but i cant listen here, in a library, with no
phones

i think its solved

thx