Mauricio,

Thanks for the input with netbeans.  I actually installed netbeans and
tried to configure with jruby but had a lot of issues with trying to get
jruby to work well with a test project.

However, when I used netbeans with my current 1.9.1 and created a test
project, rake created the DB, and then ran it through netbeans, it
worked 100%.  I like the feel of netbeans so I must thank you for giving
me that heads up.

I'll try to go back to jruby at a later date when I can understand it a
bit more but netbeans is working well with my current source and because
I installed it, I realized I needed warbler (so downloaded that gem).

I'd like to know what gems I'm missing now that I should try to install.

I have all of the ones listed above and including warbler now...

Any other gems I'm missing?

And, is there a good netbeans tutorial that anyone can point me to?