this solution doesn't fit with my project

i have to explain :

the table MANDATES contain the list of possible mandates like :
(0,mayor,city)
(1,deputy mayor,city)
(2,minister,state)
(3,king,state)
this list use by me to make a form where the user of my program can
select the mandate related by user

the table ELECTED contain the relation between user and mandate like :
(0,John Smith,mayor,Chicago)
(1,Brad X,mayor,New York)
(2,Adrien Y,king,Brasil)
(3,Anton Z,minister,Great Britain)
NB: i replace user_id,mandate_id,place_id by user.name,
mandate.name,place.name

the solution which i see to do that are :
1)i have explain in the first post
2) duplicate the field place_type in the table ELECTED (maybe it is
the easier solution?)
3) group tables MANDATES and ELECTED like that :
MANDATES
- id
- name
- place_id
- place_type
- user_id
in that way i create all possible mandates with no user related to
make the form and when i have a relation between user/mandate i create
a copy of the mandate with the user_id

what do you think about this solution?

thanks

adrien