2009/7/1 Sébastien Clément <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>:

> We have an application that was developed under Rails 1.2.5, and will
> not work as it is on Rails 2.0 and above.
>
> However, when we try to install the earlier Rails version as follows, it
> forces the installation of v2.3.2:
>
> C:\testror>gem install rails -v 1.2.5 --include-dependencies
>
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
> Successfully installed rails-2.3.2
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>    Could not find ûv (> 0) in the repository
>
> Can anybody help on this?

I don't know if I can help but:

 gem list -v 1.2.5 --remote rails

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

rails (2.3.2)

$ gem list --remote rails

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

rails (2.3.2)

Which makes it look to me as if the gem command is only seeing version
2.3.2 of rails on rubyforge or github.

I just updated to the latest version of gem and get the same thing.

Rubyforge problem?

--
Rick DeNatale