Thanks... I wasn't aware of self.get_layout.  But my issue isn't so
much selecting a layout as it is passing the parameters around to help
me decide which layout (or which stylesheet) I should use.

I can manually append the options to every link_to and form_for,
etc... link I have in my application.

I can store the "which stylesheet should I use" information in the sessions.

There could be some elegant way for RoR to automatically append a
certain set of parameters to any link_to, form_for, etc... generated
link.

Or, there could be a much more obvious way to tackle this problem.

--wpd