James Byrne wrote:
[...]
> The real test for yourself is the truthful answer to the question: Is
> what I am doing HARD?  If the answer is no then you are missing
> something important (or are a savant).

I'm going to disagree *very* strongly with you here.  TDD certainly
takes discipline, and that may be hard at first.  But once you do a
little and pick up the pattern, it is exhilaratingly easy, at least for
me.

So, I would say to ask yourself: is what I am doing HARD?  If the answer
is yes, you have missed something.  Learn the missing piece.  Keep going
until it becomes easy.  If it is hard, you are working too hard and you
need to stop and sharpen your saw.

TDD and BDD is HARD.  It is
> VERY HARD.  Because you have to cast your every design intent as a
> programatically testable manifestation.

Indeed.

> That means you have to think
> very carefully about precisely what you NEED to accomplish and HOW to
> accomplish it,

No!  Your tests should generally test the result, not the
implementation.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser