Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Julia Lovel wrote:
>> I am trying to make a javascript drop-down navigation menu for my first
>> rails web site
> [...]
>
> Your issues appear to have nothing to do with Rails, and would probably
> be better suited to a JavaScript or CSS forum.  Please note, however,
> that the JS you posted does not appear (on cursory inspection) to be
> terribly good code, and that Rails includes the Prototype JS framework,
> which may make your life easier.
>
> If it were me, however, I wouldn't use JS for dropdown menus.  It is
> possible to use CSS's :hover pseudoclass for the same purpose -- and it
> will work even if JS is turned off.  I think this is the preferable
> solution in most cases.
>
> Best,
> --
> Marnen Laibow-Koser
> http://www.marnen.org
> mar...@marnen.org

I started off using :hover, but it did not work in IE, so i had to use
JS as a workaround. As much as I would like to ignore that bug, I'm not
the only person who will be using the website, so unfortunately MS ruins
the pretty code. I also would have much preferred to use CSS, as I
already know how to code it properly, whereas I am just learning
JavaScript.
Anyways, thank you for the reply, I'll try some JS forums, too.