Hi if i have one model say with objects for each letter of the alphabet
e.g a,b,c ... x,y,z and i want to allow users to create there own
favourite pairings of these e.g.

ab, cd, ef, gp and allow them to discuss via comments on each pairing,
whats teh best way to model this in rails?

the order of teh letters DOESNT matter so ab IS the SAME as ba. Id
rather avoid duplication in my "Pairings" table because that would mean
id have to assign user commments to both ab and ba. This would get out
of control especially if i then wanted to offer 3 letter combos e.g. abc
would also be saved as bca and cab.
This is actually my current setup but it doesnt sit well with me.

Can anyone suggest a better setup?

Sorry for the boring example of letters but it helps me write more
concisely. If you need more info id be more than happy to provide.