On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:39 AM, RVince<rvinc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Not trying to get into a "What's a good IDE" here, BUT....On
> Windows....RadRails never cut it. Under Aptana, it's a terrible joke,
> and I'm sick of losing so much time waiting not only for this thing to
> initialize, but the hanging and crashing I go through is killing me.
>
> Please, someone....point me to a decent, lightweight IDE. All i want
> is syntax coloring. I'm thinking notepad++ here. Anyone have a better
> solutions? Thanks. RVince

Emacs.  It has everything.  After several years using it now I
couldn't imagine using something else.

I IRC with it, I compile with it, I shell out with it, I run mongrel
with it, I build Rails apps with it, the list goes on and on.  Takes a
few days to get over the initial learning curve but then it's all
downhill from there, well worth the time investment.

Get yourself an Emacs cheat sheet and have a go.  You'll never be so
happy to not touch your mouse.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/