No, RubyMine is not free.  But it's also not an editor, like
KomodoEdit.  KomodoEdit simply supports multiple languages for syntax
highlighting and such.  RubyMine was built specifically for the Rails
framework, in addition to ruby of course.  KomodoEdit knows nothing
about Rails, not to my knowledge anyway.  People so often confuse
their favorite _editor_ for the full-fledged IDE's.