Quoting AlwaysCharging <goodg...@gmail.com>:

> I've been messing around with RadRails and Netbeans, and I can't seem
> to find out how to import all of the folders of my rails project.  I
> can find each file and open it up and edit them in each of the IDEs,
> but I can't get it to import my entire hierarchy of folders.  I feel
> amazingly stupid and even more embarrassed for posting this here, but
> I just can't seem to figure it out.  Are IDEs not meant to do this?

NetBeans is not meant to be an general purpose editor.  As another poster
said, create a project for each.  I never found a way in NetBeans to edit an
ordinary/abitrary text file outside of a project.  Which is why I eventually
went back to Emacs for both Rails projects and other editing.  However, I've
found a set of Emacs key-bindings for NetBeans so I may try it again.  Two
editors, one set of key bindings is fine.  Two different key bindings for
editors slow me down unacceptably.

Jeffrey