Ilan Berci wrote:
>   # Much more elegant ways to do this but not sure if you are on 1.8 or
> 1.9
>   def to_params()
>      {:current_display => @current_display, :has_changed_flag =>
> @has_changed_flag, :hsd => @hsd}
>   end
> end
>
> Then you can reconstruct the object on the server side by calling
> HsdPair.new(params)

what does the constructor method do differently in 1.8 vs. 1.9? Does it
exist in 1.8 or 1.9? Currently working with 1.8.x so I'm not sure my
constructors will be able to do it without that extra code.

Long story short, this method worked. Didn't figure it'd be as hard as
all that, but I suppose without pulling from the db with ActiveRecord,
persistence has to be manufactured.

Thanks for the help.