Luke van der Hoeven wrote:

> what does the constructor method do differently in 1.8 vs. 1.9? Does it
> exist in 1.8 or 1.9? Currently working with 1.8.x so I'm not sure my
> constructors will be able to do it without that extra code.

It wasnt' the initialize() method that I didn't like, it was the
to_params() non-dry hack which made me feel a little ill..

The method I provided is not maintainable as adding attributes to the
class will break the 'serialization' mechanism.. a much better solution
would be to use reflection to run through your attributes and map them
(which is slightly different in 1.9 as compared to 1.8)

ilan